Monday, June 19, 2006

Lisa Store

At a mall near work, there is a big sign announcing vacancies. For rental information, call "Lisa Store" at some number. It just seems like a name that will lead to WAY too many jokes. "Hi this is Lisa Store, how can I help you?" "Yeah, I want to Lease a Store, Lisa Store. GET IT? HA HA HAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!"

Also on the same trip, I a "phenomenon" gelled in my mind. In just about evey auto shop you drive past ONE bay is taken up by a 1970s british car. MG, Triumph, Austin... It got me wondering: Are any 1970s british motorcars actually on the road?

So then I wondered... perhaps they're all owned by one guy, and it's a PLOT to add a "touch 'o' class" to any repair shop - in amid all of the K-Cars and Cutlasses, they do delicate "foreign work". Perhaps there is no actual work ever being done on these cars - maybe they're just allotted centrally to these shops, and they rotate them around, so you don't get suspicious... Maybe they're all fiberglass replicas on a bug chassis...

It's also possible that the stock imagery the aliens are using to create my illusion of freedom in the world (while I am actually being imprisoned for my past deeds of derring do against the empire) is being reused, and they just need to update it a little, stop using the same car over and over.

Back to work, eh?

No comments: