Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Update

Update from the Accident:

The mini is in the shop - I'm driving a rental (a maroon ford focus). The repairs will be $2500, but insurance is covering it. There was no suspension damage, it's all body. That's very good.

My neck got stiff, and I saw the chiropractor, and he loosened things up Monday, and today I had an adjustment - sounded like a bag of microwave popcorn going. But it's good because I may only need 1-2 more after this....

And I gave the Rental company the info about THEIR customer who hit-and-ran me. They were quite interested in that information, interestingly.

Update on OTHER THINGS:
Tonight I went to a "work party", which was a strange little affair - only 6 people in a company apartment without art on the walls, no music, and lots of vodka. There was much drinking (I demurred after my polite one of course); I did have a very nice time with the gang, but I must relate one anecdote - they had a Ms PacMac game that was actually crashing for some reason. The little ghosts would stop running after me and just park. In Galaga, my ship was captured, but flew around the screen randomly, invincible, but able to shoot, while the enemy ships sort of winked in and out of existence randomly. It was more like a dream of Galaga.

I'm back to my workouts, and am feeling very good. After an 11 hour day yesterday, I HAD to go do my Step program, and it recharged my batteries. Dang, if only someone had TOLD me that exercise was GOOD for you, maybe I would have started it earler.

Oh wait, they did.

Finally, two stories about food service: I snuck over to Uncle Franky's today for lunch, and the ADD counter guy who obsessively offers anyone in line a beverage was missing... and in his place, an ADD young lady who obsessively offered any one in line a beverage regardless of where she was in the ordering process. And she rounded every order down, and there was STILL no obvious communication with the cook, who sensed every order.

Secondly, there's a coffee shop in north minneapolis (rough territory) where I got a post-lunch espresso... or tried to. The counter lady was sassing a friend/customer with lines like "girl, you lie so hard, you ain't got no truth IN you, now gimme them two dollars or I'm gonna come over there and rip it out of your greedy hands".

The customer in question had a bum tattoo (visible thanks to the low-rise jeans) that spelled in gothic letters "TROUBLEMAKER".

More friends came in, and walked right around Whitey McNerdlinger to place their orders with Miss Sassypants. Fortunately the espresso maker lady took pity and made me what I needed.

No comments: