Sunday, June 11, 2006

T-Boned

And I don't mean steak. I was driving Nigel the red mini home from my workout this evening, and a black Chevy Tahoe decided to blow a red light and whack my car. What's crazy is that the light was green for me, and had been for a while. This guy had been STOPPED at the red. And out of the blue he decides it's time to go. Into my car. On the plus side, that means he was only going 10-15 mph.

But on the negative side, he decided to wait for just long enough for me to pull over and get out, and then took off. I'm on the phone with 911, and they're asking if both cars are there... and I say, "yes - he's pulled over. No wait, he's driving off. He's gone."

Fortunately, there was a swarm of witnesses - I got 3 names/numbers and his license plate. The police filed a report and we even got the VIN of the car (which was a rental).

Nigel has a big dent on the door and rear quarter, but he's driveable, and I don't think I'm hurt (though neck stuff usually takes a day or two to manifest - I'm hitting the chiropractor tomorrow for sure).

A bummer way to end a very good day: Bella and my dad and I went to see Cars, which was a pure delight. I finished the Ny Times Crossword, and I got my weight training workout in too.

So I think I'll call it a night. DANG IT.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Jimmy - sorry to hear you got t-bagged^H^H^H^H^Hboned and happy to hear you and Nigel made it through the event. Where'd the unfortunate event take place?

Jimmy B said...

Right at France and 44th, Dawg! And I seen you running.