Monday, April 02, 2007

Family Weekend

Boy, suddenly it's Monday, and somehow a weekend passed without a trace! I do know we did a LOT of work on the house (the basement tool room was the victim this time - and our lucky garbage man has a 8 square feet of solid garbage to haul away), and I finally moved the ever growing "garage sale" pile out from our living room (where frankly it was starting to feel a bit like a garbage house) into the garage... and around 50 paint cans out to the front porch.... yes there was massive schlepping.

Jenny came over in the afternoon on Saturday (it was good and rainy). Midway through the afternoon, the girls ran up to me and demanded to be taken to Edenborough Park - a large indoor playground near us. As it was rainy, I warned them it would be good and busy, but they were undeterred. On the way, Bella confessed: "We were in the basement pretending we were at Edenborough, and then we said HEY let's go to the REAL Edenborough". They played for hours, and it was fun to watch Bella running all over the place, going down the big slides.

Sunday we visited with Grandma and Grandpa in the AM, then off to the Burrito store for some lunch. That afternoon, I had to move lawn furniture out of the garage (to put garage sale stuff IN) - Bella helped despite the rain... then everyone but me fell asleep, so I crept off to exercise (ooh - I am so daring).

Today I had my first meeting with the new client, and am positive this will be a fun gig! I'm a good week away from a signed contract however, so keep it under your hats still, people.

My second book is available - just not through Amazon yet. If you're curious, check it out: http://www.lulu.com/content/763322 It's very different from the Brainflexes - less busywork, more reflective content.

Finally (and I realize this is a totally scattery post today - I'm just trying to get caught up) Isaac started talking again today: While he was going through his "how do I crawl?" phase, he stopped talking more or less. Today, he was right back with the AH DAH DAH!!! But at least now, he's singing it a bit more, and not bellowing it. It's very cute. Trust me.

Allright - that's enough tonight. More later.

No comments: