Monday, April 23, 2007

Oh how typical

As everyone here knows, Jimmy's starting a new gig. And you all know that I did try to do the right thing by my current client, and that I got everything well arranged. Boy, for transitions, I really thought I had done a good one here. Well, word finally filtered back through my consulting firm that the owners are so VERY disappointed that I have acted so unprofessionally (for working with my client on a transition rather then them, who don't know what I do) and are worried about how they could possibly recover face with the client, and certainly we won't be working together again.

Not to my face of course... but a mole inside the meeting let me know.

I'm just a little frustrated because I actually DID quit them almost 3 years ago. I've been the best not-an-actual-employee they've had. In a year when this current gig is done, you can bet won't be the first people I call for the next gig.

It was fun, but knowing that those people were not being gracious makes me realize they're not my friends. So it's time to move on.

No comments: