Saturday, August 05, 2006

And into the future!

A busy week at work, that culminated in a couple of closed door meetings where the entire shape of the project for the next few years was dramatically revised. As I drew up new timelines, I paused and said - "I suppose I should clear my calendar for next year then?" "You're not going ANYWHERE for a LOOOONG time" was the answer.

You may recall this was the 3 month vacation gig that turned into the 9 month rescue-the-project gig that is possibly turning into the 20 month design-it-all gig. Sounds a bit like what happened at the previous clients? We'll see.

Last night Bella and I got a burrito for her, and here's a snippet of the conversation:

"When I'm older, can I drive your Mini? I keep having dreams about your Mini, and me driving it. I dreamt about us racing around in a big circle, like in the CARS movie - and we were beating everybody, because your Mini is the FASTEST car out there. You could beat everybody, I just KNOW it!"

This AM, she went to play with Jenny in her PJs. It's a busy day ahead - a birthday party later in the morning, the block party this afternoon (with a moonwalk OF COURSE), and my 20 year reunion tonight. Should be a blast! More on that later, I suppose.

No comments: