Thursday, August 17, 2006

Cold. I have one.

Last night, as Pamela was out with friends and I was watching Bella, I grew aware of a weariness in my bones... All of our games had to involve Daddy lying down somewhere (hence, I was a restaurant patron AND a medical patient as the evening went on). I chalked it up to just my standard "extreme" lifestyle, and went to bed by 10.

This morning, I realized this was no mere fatigue, I had a full on COLD. Sniffles, coughing, aching, classic NyQuil ad fodder. I tried to deny it - I showered, dressed, had breakfast, fed Bella jelly toast....

But in the end, it was futile: I would not have been able to point the car towards work without winding up in a ditch, my asleep forehead comically "laying on the horn". So I sent out some notes and set myself up on the 3rd floor for "sickland" - I got books, puzzles, everything for a sick day.

And promptly slept the entire day, save for a few minutes to eat and drink at two hour intervals. My "sick kit" went unused. I did get a good picture of how things go here when I'm not around: At one point, I came downstairs, and there was an art gallery throughout the house of playing cards and flash cards taped to every surface at Bella height... It sure sounds like Bella amd Mommy have fun, and I understand why Pamela can look sooo tired at the end of the day!

Pamela has another evening out, and I'm now watching both Jenny AND Bella for a few minutes until Randy comes home to relieve me... And I am hopefully feeling better. I had better be better: I have over 100 "urgent" emails in my "Client" email box, seems there are decisions and issues and all the other great stuff I do and it piles up surprisingly quickly.

Go Go Gadget GREEN TEA!

No comments: