Monday, August 07, 2006

On a Monday

1) When Bella woke up, she grabbed her coin can and came downstairs, and laid out coins in the shape of a "humpback whale" on the whole kitchen floor. She must have been planning this one.

2) The "Big Plans" I helped concoct at work are now fully underway, but it has not been communicated with the team yet. But at least today I'm not only one of four people who know it - there'a a good two dozen of us in management, and it will be announced on Wednesday. My biggest concern is that one part of my project will be delayed a year, and the person doing it is probably going to take it pretty hard. So my guts have been a little knotted up.

3) Geek Fest: Got more textbooks today: Some short story collections in German and Spanish, where the language is on one page, and the english translation is on the facing page, so you can just look across to translate. Also, a remedial algebra/trig book, because I was disturbed about my inability to remember equations for compound interest, and that opened a whole world of math insecurity for me. So I want to relearn it.

4) Tonight Bella and I had a date... NOT at the burrito store, but at Punch Pizza. She ate her whole cheese pizza. What an appetite! As we sat there, a man walked by with two high tech false legs (shiny aluminum ankles). I watched Bella. She was very casual as she leaned over to take a better look as he walked by, then went right back to Pizza - no explanation asked for, no shock and amazement. Not even the Reay raised eyebrows. Though I suspect this will be a time release event... Out of the blue she'll ask something about getting new body parts or something.

No comments: