Monday, August 14, 2006

Dancing FOOL

Yesterday, Bella was definitely under the weather, the poor thing. But today she got up a the crack of 6 with me and we had breakfast together and cuddles. She insisted on Pancakes for breakfast, and I made enough to surprise Pamela with breakfast in bed... a wonderful start to the week I hope!

At work, I had heard from some of my team leads that they're not feeling terribly appreciated, so I decided to help out. I found out who has been working lots of hours (over 50 a week) and gave them thank you cards with Superman stickers in them. A couple of them were too cool for school to mention it, but I got teary-eyed smiles of appreciation from the ones that I think mattered.

I'm going to keep the good feeling going at work somehow. It certainly made the day fly by!

When I got home, there was a package for me: One of the songs in Dance Dance Revolution is "Butterfly" by Smile.DK. It's sooo catchy, and it's classic late 90's swedish dance pop with crazy fake Japanese lyrics. And of course it's not for sale in the US for love nor money (see: Mr Timothy).

I found the CD on E-Bay, and won the auction. I popped the CD on here at 7pm, and Bella and I danced straight through the first 6 tracks - a good 20 minutes of hoofing it. This is just perfect pop stuff, and Bella loved it! I think I'll be hearing a bit more of it.

And of course my own D.A. Pennebaker (Pamela) filmed 12 minutes of it... so we have important stuff to store in the nation's Strategic Cuteness Reserve (fear not, Daddy was only dancing for part of it - there's plenty of solo material there. There's no need to call the police).

Bella's having a nice long shower now, and I'm hoping for a good night's sleep for my little girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These great stories. These lazy days. This is treasure and Bella will go back to these moments forever. Oh, it is such a joy to read these summer songs.