Monday, August 21, 2006

So much better.

The cold was miserable, but by spending the entire day asleep, I wound up scaring it away - I can only imagine it's little virus thoughts "I wanted to see the world and meet new people, but this host just lies around? I'm finished!"

So I was back to work on Friday, and again today, with no ill effects, though the allergens flying around are making me feel a bit woozy whenever I'm between climate controlled zones. Come ON, future, where are my underground cities of steel? I'll take it!

Over the weekend we did many fun things - Bella was on an overnight to Jenny's so Pamela and I did things like have a long breakfast at the Original Pancake House, and dinner out with friends Rita and Jeff, and a movie....

Taladega Nights. I blew it. When a guy picks a movie, it's always a risk. And as we walked out, Pamela said "I'm picking the next one". Our reviews:

Jim: "It was a parade of buffoonery, with largely unsympathetic characters but some exhilirating moments of slapstick. Funny at times, but ultimately not as satisfying as Anchorman."

Pamela: "It was dreadful".

In truth, I found around 15 minutes of GOOD laughing in it, but was disturbed by the rampant product placement (even if it was "meta"), the homophobic bits, the strangely alien and awful performance by Sasha Baron Cohen (who seemed to be fighting a battle the entire movie with his tongue, which would NOT behave and allow him to form words in a comprehensible manner). Plus, it was NASCAR, which was horrid in it's own way.

So next time, we'll be doing some sort of period piece about people who are afraid their emotions might spill out and they might accidentally use the wrong fork for salad and be shamed out of Whillfordlainesshire Manor House, where their servants have a rich, yet bittersweet existance right under their noses that they're sadly oblivious to....

Moving on.

I'm happy because I'm cooking up a fresh scheme with my buddy Paul out in Seattle - the invention train is rolling again... and this one is pretty different. It's actually a podcast and I think within a week I can share it. Until then, mum is the word, see? But unlike the previous ideas which were largely paper, this one actually has a first revision, and it's GOOD. It's a frothy cocktail of quest for knowledge geekiness, with some science and high production values. No more. I've said too much.

And that's it for the night... keep those cards and letters coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel horrible! I spell your name wrong and you are "sick." I get it...it's Balabuszko Reay!

Also, nice blog:)