Thursday, August 24, 2006

Prepping for the Weekend

This weekend, we're off for a SHORT 3-day getaway to a lake place up north. Water park, lake, meals included, the air of the north woods... it'll be a wonderful recharge.

Sadly, Pamela seems to be on the ill side (she started a Z-Pack, so I don't think she's messing around). So Bella and I had an evening together - burrito store, Guitar Center, and a drive home in a flash flood which was quite gripping. The mini handled well, however.

Once home, Bella took off to do more Packing. Pamela weakly pleaded with me to distract her, because everything she packs, Pamela must unpack. When I made it upstairs, Bella proudly showed her handiwork: Every pair of glasses and sunglasses in the house was put into individual ziplock baggies, and laid out in a row. "Now you're ready for your trip!" she exclaimed.

This vacation will be very needed for me: It's been a rough week at work - things started well, but by the end, if I'm reading this right:

- I was asked for the same information for the 5th time from a co-worker, who already had the info (I've sent it twice!), and implied his work couldn't be done without it. I snapped and yelled at him in the meeting.

- Our vendor JUST figured out that we MIGHT not actually have a legally compliant billing system built. And they might not have a fix for me.

- My interfaces team JUST figured out that oh, they didn't actually test anything back in May like they said they did, and we're back at square one, and they might not be ready for live.

- All of the test scripts we started this week might not pass because of the way they entered them ("old" versus "new as of 4 days ago" thanks to the vendor again)

- And we're going live in 49 days.

I need a break. Thank goodness for the lake!

Also, I promised Pamela I'd be "unplugged" this vacation, so mister laptop stays at home, and you'll just have to read about this when I get back!

No comments: