Thursday, August 10, 2006

Much better!

So my little stress post yesterday... I want to report that I did take my own advice, and I had a better day. I was smiling, I had a spring in my step, and even though I had my share of issues and crises to deal with (which IS of course my JOB), I didn't get worn down. I hope it'll last...

This evening, we had indian takeout and started watching The Libertine with Johnny Depp, but it was just too horrible for words. It was dreadful. It was fun watching Johnny Depp leer and roll his eyes and scowl of course, but that out of the way, it was just a tiresome exercise. We gave it 45 minutes of our life, then said NO MORE.

We refreshed our souls with an episode of All Creatures Great and Small, and had great belly laughs at Sigfried's antics, and the strangeness of Yorkshire.

And that's the update.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're proposing a Self-Destruction Film Festival: First triple feature: The Doors, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Libertine.
Wished we could have seen Steppenwolf do this - Libertine - stage seems a better medium.
I'm glad I stopped drinking.
Mario Batali was terrific as fat guy.

Jimmy B said...

Fear and Loathing? I think that was a very effective anti-drug movie. They should show it to school children.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes. How can we ever thank Johnny Depp for this incredibly covert D.A.R.E. work of his?
Oh, and abstinence too. He really made us think. Just saying no, what a great idea.